CIS-255: Client Side Web Application Development
Build, document and deploy browser-focused websites and web applications.
Communication and Contact Information
|Instructor||George Corser, PhD |
|Email/Phone||Use Canvas mail, not email, for all course-related communication.|
For non-course-related communication, email:email@example.com, voicemail:989.964.2756
|Office Hours||By appointment only, as early as 6:00am weekdays. Use Canvas mail to set up a meeting. |
|Class Hours||None. This is a completely online course. In-person lectures and labs may be scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Attendance is always optional. Lectures will generally be recorded using Echo 360 and the video will be posted on Canvas. See Canvas for announcements. |
- Recommended (not required). Connolly, R. (2017). Fundamentals of web development, second edition. Pearson Education. ISBN-13: 978-0134481265, ISBN-10: 0134481267. Cost: $127.00 (Amazon.com).
- Required. w3schools.com: the World's largest Web Developer Site. Cost: FREE (www.w3schools.com).
The code below can be used as starting point for assignments.
- As00: Student Home Page
- As01: 5-page brochure style site: HTML-only
- As02: 5-page brochure style site: HTML-CSS-only
- As03: 5-page brochure style site: Bootstrap
- As04: 5-page brochure style site: Builder/WordPress, HTML/CSS/JS, plus diagrams
- As05: Web app: JS-only
- As06: Web app: jQuery / Angular
Example Student Home Page and Assignments
Use this home page as an example for your own work. These pages are deliberately incomplete, but they may provide additional insight beyond what is offered by the templates, above. If you copy code from this source, or any other source, cite the URL in a comment in your code.
Student Home Pages
Please review the pages of your fellow students.
- Alam, Shahamatul (000webhost)
- Baral, Rajan
- Bodeis, William
- Bunkley, Michael
- Johnson, Samuel (index.html)
- Karinen, Robert
- Lin, Zechao
- Literati, Polina (csis)
- Muntz, Ryan
- Peralta, Jayson
- Rippee, Austin
- Rohlof, Cameron (000webhost)
- Russell, Cody
- Schwier, Joshua
- Tavormina, Jacob
- Thompson, Anthony
- DNS (Domain Name System): Translating domain name (www.whatever.com) into IP address (184.108.40.206)
- HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS: Transferring data to/from client/server, securely